Minggu, 14 Februari 2010

12th February 2010

Today, Mr. Herry played to us most of our 12 bar blues compositions. There were many compositions that I really liked, and I wondered how people can just compose melodies like that in their heads without an instrument on hand, and notate every single note, complete with the rhythms. However, my own composition was lost, even though I already submitted it to Mr. Herry, so I didn't hear the song. I didn't really hear the melody in my head since I'm still new to music. Moreover, I thought that the 12 bar blues was, in fact, the song and not the improvisation, but it turns out to be the improvisation so I'll have to amend it sometime. Then, some of us from the guitar group (Mark, Bayu, and me) were asked to play the melody of "All of Me" in front. Since I didn't practice the song that much yet, I only played the first few notes of the song, and played the chords (which I have already learnt from the presentation and also from Mr. John) for the most part. I felt quite ashamed when playing the song since I couldn't do the whole song. I'm not so sure when, (I'll have to check the academic calendar later) but somewhere in the next sessions we'll have an assessment of playing "All of Me". It's a good thing that in instrument class we were taught how to play the melody.

1 komentar: